The season of Lent is a time to remember both that we need a Savior and we have a Savior, as we follow Jesus to his death on the cross on Good Friday and beyond, to his resurrection on Easter Sunday. On Wednesdays in Lent, we have special worship services that include music and drama.
Lent Worship - Wednesdays, February 21-March 21
- 5:30 p.m. worship uses music from the Holden Evening Prayer service, a lyrical worship setting that you’ll find yourself humming all week long.
- 6:30 p.m. worship keeps the modern musical feel of IGNITE.
Join your church family for dinner on Wednesdays. A meal is served each week from 5:00-6:30 p.m.
Click for Community Meal Menu...
Give it up for Lent - OSLC is collecting items for LSS Refuge Services as well as March FoodShare. Click for list of needed items...
Lent Dramas - The Temptations of Christ by Curt M. Joseph
This series will focus on the temptations Satan presented to Jesus. “Jesus was indeed God, but he was also very human, and if the God/Jesus were to ever understand the human condition he had to endure all that you and I have to endure. The joys, the pain, the struggles and the temptations of life. These dramas try to capture the difficulty that Jesus endured.”
- February 14 (Ash Wednesday)- Turn Stones Into Bread
- February 21 - Jump Down From the Temple
- February 28 - Bow Down to Me
- March 7 - Driven the Romans Out
- March 14 - Run From the Garden
- March 21 - Come Down from the Cross