The Season of Lent
The season of Lent is a time to remember both that we need a Savior and we have a Savior, as we follow Jesus to his death on the cross on Good Friday and beyond, to his resurrection on Easter Sunday. On Wednesdays in Lent, we have special worship services that include music and drama.
Ash Wednesday Worship
Wednesday, February 26, 6:30 p.m.
Join us as we begin our forty-day journey toward Easter with the sign of the cross marking our foreheads in dust, in acknowledgement that we die and return to the earth. There will be no programming. Dinner is available from 4:30-6:30 p.m.
Lent Worship – Wednesdays, March 4 through April 1
- 5:30 p.m. worship uses music from the Holden Evening Prayer service, a lyrical worship setting that you’ll find yourself humming all week long.
- 7:00 p.m. Revelation Worship
Join your church family for dinner on Wednesdays. A meal is served each week from 4:30-6:30 p.m. Click for Community Meal Menu…
Wednesday Lent Drama: God’s Love Revealed
This year, our Wednesday night dramas reveal God’s love through five Bible stories. Each drama reflects the struggles and questions we face in daily life, and how God’s love and the mercy of Jesus break through. Ash Wednesday and Holy Week services are separate from the drama series.
- March 4: Make Mine Medium Rare—Numbers 11:4-32
- March 11: This Is Not a Test, Part 1—Genesis 11:1-7
- March 18: This Is Not a Test, Part 2—Acts 2:1-21
- March 25: Peter Speaks: A Visit With the Apostle—John 1:35-42, John 21:1-19
- April 1: The Rich Man and Lazarus—Luke 16:19-31, Acts 10:43