Military Care Package Ministry
Military Care Package Assembly
Sunday, November 24, 11:00 a.m.
It’s care package time again. The Military Care Ministry will be assembling and mailing packages to troops overseas. Your help is needed to make this happen.
You can help by:
1) submitting the names of military personnel serving overseas (no later than Nov. 15) to the church office. No domestic based troops, please; the items sent are not needed by troops stationed domestically.
2) donating items for packages (grab a list available on the Kiosk in the Rotunda. Donations can be placed in the Military Care box in the south coat hallway (no later than Nov. 15). Cash donations help with the cost of postage; the cost to mail 50 packages is around $850.
3) helping with package assembly on the 24th. It shouldn’t take longer than 1.5 hrs, if enough
Military Care Packages – Items Needed
Please place donations in the Military Care box in the coat hallway, no later than November 15.
- unscented wet wipes
- disposable razors
- shaving cream
- no aerosol
- dental floss
- foot powder, small bottles
- Kleenex, small purse-size packages
- chap stick
- men’s deodorant
- no aerosol
- feminine hygiene
- tuna in foil pouches
- peanuts in individual packages
- hard candy, individually wrapped
- granola bars
- BEEF jerky, individually wrapped
- flavored single drink mix packets
- puzzle booklets (crossword or word find)
- magazines such as:
° Minnesota Volunteer
° National Geographic
- PLEASE NO (we have plenty of these):
° Good Housekeeping
° House Beautiful
° Woman’s Day
If unable to shop, cash donations are appreciated. Cash donations help with the cost of postage; the cost to mail 50 packages is around $850.