Mission Trip 2021 to Charleston, West Virginia
Sunday, July 18 – Friday, July 23; for youth in grades 6 through 12
Support under-staffed social service organizations meeting the needs of families in urban Appalachia. During a week in Charleston, our group will have the opportunity to learn firsthand about the people, history and culture of this city. Serve and build relationships with a variety of people in Charleston through the Boys & Girls Club, Union Mission, Covenant House and local senior centers. During the evenings, worship with a local congregation and feast with friends old and new at a community potluck, which almost always includes a famous homemade cobbler! YouthWorks has partnered with this community since 2003.
- Transportation: to and from Charleston will be via airplane. During our week in Charleston, we will be traveling in a rental van driven by Our Saviour’s staff member.
- Cost: $750 total (includes everything but souvenirs)
- Spots Available: We have 15 spots total. As of 10/5/2020, 6 youth spots remain open.
- Meetings: Please watch emails after initial deposits are made for more information as we move forward. Remind: For text reminders and updates, please text @oslcmt20 to 81010. Participants from 2020’s cancelled mission trip who subscribed to these reminders remain signed up already.
- COVID-19 Protection Plan: With the deposit we are paying, we are able to receive a full refund of all money paid to YouthWorks if we decide to cancel our trip prior to May 3, 2021. If a cancellation is necessary, participants will receive a refund of money they have paid out of pocket toward the mission trip.
- Payment Schedule: Oct 31 – $100; Dec 15 – $100; Feb 15 – $250; April 15 – $250
- Deadline to Sign Up: October 31