OSLC Preparedness Plan
COVID-19 Preparedness Plan for Limited Reopening
Requirements and Expectations Inside Building
To enter the building, you must be able to answer “NO” to all the following questions:
- Do you have any Covid symptoms such as fever, cough, shortness of breath, loss of taste or smell, chills, sore throat, headache, muscle pain, rash, nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea?
- Have you had any international travel in the past 14 days?
- Have you had a positive Covid test in the past 14 days or are you currently awaiting results from a Covid test?
- Have you been exposed in the past 14 days to anyone with Covid or suspected of having Covid?
If you answer “YES” to any of these questions, please do not enter the building. If you are ill, please do not enter the building.
- If you begin to experience Covid symptoms after entering the building, please leave immediately.
- If you test positive for Covid after being in the church building, you must contact the church office to let the church know your name and the date(s) you were most recently inside the church building. This is critical for contact tracing to alert other people who may have been exposed. Call: 763-434-6117; or email: email@example.com.
- All persons entering the building must sign-in with first and last name*, date, and phone number. (*For attendees of recovery support groups, first name only or initials plus phone is acceptable if group leader knows who individual is.)
- You must bring and wear your own face mask at all times when in the building. (Exception: church staff members when working in their own offices.) A very limited number of new face masks will be available at the church.
- Face masks must be worn properly to completely cover mouth and nose. For recommended masks, please refer to the CDC website: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/about-face-coverings.html
- Physical distance of at least 6 feet is to be maintained between individuals from different households when in the building, and upon entering and exiting the building.
- Hand sanitizer will be available in high traffic areas for regular use as needed. All are expected to wash or sanitize hands frequently while in the building, especially after touching common surfaces.
- Doors generally will be propped open, including exterior bathroom doors.
- Bathrooms may be used by a maximum of two people at a time. Please use bathrooms at your own risk since they cannot be cleaned after each use.
- Drinking fountains have been disabled for safety purposes.
- Keep in mind that plans for indoor worship inside the church building may change at any time.
- Worship inside at your own risk. The church encourages those who are older and/or health-compromised to worship virtually at home and avoid the risk of in-person, indoor worship.
- Everyone must follow the “Requirements and Expectations Inside the Building” previously listed in this document, including mask-wearing and maintaining physical distance.
- Indoor worship services will be limited to 75 people total.
- Sign-up in advance is required. People may sign-up through the church website: oursaviourslc.org; or church Facebook page; or by calling the church office, 763-434-6117. (Please call only if you cannot sign-up online.)
- Services will be Sundays at 8:30 am (Traditional) and 10:15 am (Contemporary). Services will be approximately 45 minutes long to allow one hour for air in the Worship Space to refresh between services.
- People can greet each other at a distance but are not to linger in the Gathering Space for socializing either before or after worship.
- There will be very limited cleaning of the Worship Space between services.
- Worshippers will be seated at least 6 feet from those of other households.
- Ushers will seat worshippers from the front to the back of the Worship Space.
- Ushers will dismiss worshippers from the back to the front of the Worship Space.
- Communion will be received with prepackaged communion elements while seated.
- There will be no congregational singing. All singing will be by soloists from the front.
- No offering baskets will be passed during worship. Offerings may be given upon entering or leaving the Worship Space.